- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10
- Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 3013, or 2016.
- An internet connection is required for authentication purposes.
N'table has two installers. One is for interactive installation (.exe), another one is for deployment through group policies (.msi)
Regular interactive installation (setup.exe)
Download and save the "N'table #.#.#" (e.g., "N'table 4.8.3.exe") file from http://download.ncounter.de, and double-click on the file to run it. Setup will automatically download all of the necessary pre-requisites, if any, and will install N'table for the current user. If there is a previous installation of N'table, Setup will automatically update it for you.
Deployment through group policies (setup.msi)
The msi file (e.g., "N'table 4.8.3.msi") file can be found at http://download.ncounter.de. Unlike interactive installer, this one does not install required frameworks itself, so we recommend that you deploy all of the dependencies as well.
- .NET 4.5
- VSTO - Visual Studio Tools for Office. In Office 2013+, it installs as part of Microsoft Office and is typically updated via Microsoft Update, but you need to ensure that version is above 10.0.50903. One of ways to deploy it is explained here (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/208e6d9d-d084-4d45-af40-9351d08902e9/how-to-install-vsto-runtime-with-group-policy?forum=vsto)
Deployment through GPO is described here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/816102). Keep in mind that N'table installs via *per user* group policies, and will NOT work if deployed for "all users".
After deployment of N'table, ensure that program has full access to the "%appdata%/N'counter" folder for the user, so that it can read and write its settings and configuration data.
To use N'table, it is necessary to provide access to our server (secure.ncounter.de, port 443). N'table uses this server for authentication, for sending bug reports and user feedback, for checking for updates, and sending usage logs. No sensitive information is ever sent to the server, only the version information for the programs (Windows, .NET, VSTO, N'table), file sizes, and other technical info.
Testing that installation succeeded
Once the N'table Add-In is installed, open Excel to verify that a new "N'table" ribbon tab has been added to Excel's menu.
To uninstall N'table, click on Windows' start menu, select the "Control Panel", and then "Uninstall a Program". Double-click on "N'table" to launch the uninstallation process.
If N'table has been installed, but its ribbon is not showing in Excel, please check that the N'table Add-In is enabled within your Office application. To do this:
- Open Excel Options (from the File menu of Office 2010, or from the Microsoft Office Button in 2007).
- Click the "Add-Ins" tab.
- Find N'table in the list of Add-Ins. If this entry is under the "Inactive" or "Disabled" category, select "COM Add-Ins" (not Excel Add-Ins) from the "Manage" drop-down at the bottom of the settings window, and click "Go". Then check the checkbox for N'table and click "OK".